Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, June 24, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 75

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel wonders if it was just a dream.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

And now she was in the cell again. She huddled up once more feeling the pathetic of the situation deep inside her heart. She couldn’t go out during the day anymore, if she managed to escape, she couldn’t look for him anymore. They would always get her. They would always have their eyes on her. She was one of them but still a prisoner. She will never really be part of their world. The only way for her to ever go out of her cell would be for him to come back. She couldn’t feel the cold of the room but she could feel that her heart was getting cold. If he was to come back, she wasn’t the one he knew anymore. She wondered if he would still love her as she felt back asleep tears rolling from her eyes for the last time.

I woke up in cold sweat. I sat on my bed looking fixedly in front of me unable to go out of the terror of the dream. From the window in front of me I could see the fire of the street flam burning just like everything had been burning and was still burning around me. I could smell the burning flesh all around me. I could hear the cry of the villager, of the vampire attacking and hers. I sat for a while on the bed, unable to notice that I was not there anymore and that she was not burning. Everything looked so real and that’s when I realized that I was afraid of the fire. The little candle was nothing really as long as I had control over them as long as I had water around or that I was close enough to blow them. But now I was as afraid of the fire as I was afraid of the sun before and I couldn’t reason out of it. Slowly I closed my eyes out trying to breath out the nonexistent smell of burning skin and I felt back on me pillow. I didn’t want to write my dream. I didn’t want to remember it. I just wanted to go to sleep forever, somewhere where Sorina was alive and smiling. I turn around at the thought the she might not be in this world anymore and bite my pillow yelling. I had been away from her for so long. I felt that not thinking about her every day as my memory was failing me was like betraying her. I felt like I had abandoned her when I just wanted to be near her more than anything.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment