Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thursday Taster 102: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
We start right where we left off last week.

I laughed.
"I don't think I'll ever get any Nobel price," I answered.
"Freddy, you need to aim high, so high as possible," my father answered.
"I know dad, that's the problem of my life," I said.
"Sabine is calling me for dinner, I have to go," my father said, "I'll call again tomorrow, just make sure not to faint in weird places, I know there are a lot of student parties at the start."
"Aren't there a lot of student party all the time?"
My father laugh.
"Anyway, talk to you tomorrow," he said.
"See you," I answered almost to the beep.
I moved my spaghetti distractedly in the water.
I didn't trust Tucker, he was the last person I wanted to listen to all he seemed to be able to do was following the rules and I was almost certain that he was the one who had poisoned the girls. How was I supposed to follow Tucker, how was I even supposed to work with him and why on the sky did most people want me to give up my mission to Antares? That world was starting to give me a headache, seriously if they really wanted me to do something for them, they had to give me something. Still we were now probably heading to Antares high speed, I mean I didn't know how fast black hole propulsion was but that sounded really fast. And we wouldn't have enough fuel to turn around, so we were going to Antares and there was no turning back before reaching it.
I put my frying pan on the fire and took a can of tuna in the fridge and cream. Was I supposed to understand something about General Relativity to help me with that world? I didn't want to think about it too much.
"Concentrate on your pasta?" I said out loud.
Someone laughed in my back. I turned around to see an blond boy entering the room. He didn't give me more attention and opened his own fridge. I would have to be careful not to talk to myself out loud in here, people might start thinking I'm crazy.
"Can I have a fire?" He asked.
Hello, what's your name? Of course not I didn't just laugh at you, I thought to myself.
"Sure," I said removing my pan of spaghetti from the fire. It's not that they were fully cooked yet but they could finish in the hot water anyway, the time for my tuna fish to absorb the cream a little. I mixed my tuna with my spatula without looking at him.
"What's you classes?" He asked.
"Physics," I answered.
"Wow," he said.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment