Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thursday Taster 87: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.

The council reentered the room and I stood up. They didn't sit down, they all stood near their chair, I was suddenly feeling like I was surrounded by a group of giant all dressed in white. It wasn't really different from my experience at the hospital.
The taller one with a large red beard hiding his face started to talk:
"Pilots, you are to remain in your duty until the end of the mission.
Captain, you have to obey the protocol especially in time of emergency, unless unexpected actions are required.
General, you are in charge of the inquiry about 34564 and 34565..
Do you all understand your tasks?"
"It's perfectly clear," Tucker said.
"Yes," I answered.
Once again the council members started to move to the little door at the back of the room.
"Someone take away..."

"Maybe it wasn't a panic attack, maybe it was a real heart attack, it feels the same," Amy said.
"Don't be ridiculous, she is still breathing, it's just as if she fainted or something," Alex said, "Didn't her mum said it happened all the time and that we needed to send her to the hospital?"
He pressed a cool towel on my forehead.
"No hospital, ever," I said.
I tried to sit back but he pressed on my shoulder with his hand, it was warm on my bare skin and I didn't regret my small tank top anymore.
"Take it easy," he said.
"I'm fine," I answered.
"You always say that but it looks like you're not," Amy said.
"I'm fine, I just black out all the time without warning, I'm used to it," I said taking Alex's hand away to sit up. "See, no problem, I'm not even dizzy. But I'm hungry, so we better go shopping before it starts to rain."
They both looked at me.
"Just like that, are you sure?" Amy said.
"Only my mother makes a big deal about me fainting," I said. "She had me locked up, until today."
I grinned.
"I want to know everything about your life," Amy said.
That was exactly the reaction I had hoped for.
"Then I'll tell you on the way."

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment