Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, August 28, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 32

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!
Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

I pushed to blade on his cheek cutting it slightly, the smell of the blood disturbed me even more, I leaked the blade and a look of deep disgust appeared on his face as he turned it away from me. I pushed the thought bringing his face back to look at me and repeating the question. The tiny drop of blood was propagating in my body making me feel different. I wanted more but I needed information.
“He wants to know”, he said gasping for breath. “If he is going to find, the formula.”
“Which formula?” I asked getting more interested.
“The one giving you eternal life, he is using vampire blood to make it and he needs vampires knowledge for that.”
The persistent smell of blood, leaking along his cheek was starting to give me a headache. I wanted it. Resisting the urge to drink it was starting to be painful. That story was sounding ridiculous. Vampires’ knowledge was nothing, or at least mine was nothing. I raised a hand to my temple, fighting against the headache.
“Where is he now?” I asked.
“Who do you mean?” seeing my weakness, the inn owner was feeling reassured.
“Don’t play silly with me”, I said pushing the point of my sword on his neck liberating more blood.
“In the church, at the end of the street”, he answered certain that I was going to jump on him to suck his blood.
I wanted to but I swayed slightly on my leg, the smell of blood was becoming unbearable. The inn owner tried to take advantage of me but he was too slow. With one step on the side, the blade near his neck sank in his throat cutting the carotid. Blood started flowing along his body as he felt on the floor and I started to drink his blood, enjoying every single drop of it. I had been trying to keep him alive I repeated to myself. If he hadn’t play dumb with me as I told him to, he would have kept his wicked life.
As it did before, the blood made me feel stronger and refreshed. I was able to see further, the world seemed to be moving slowly all around me, I was fast, I could feel the speed flow inside of me with every gulp. In spite of the late hour, I wasn’t feeling the need to sleep any longer. I had no regrets for the inn owner, he deserved what he got. He brought it on himself, he had been hunting vampires that was normal that in the end a vampire would have the advantage over him. Thinking about the girl, at least she had one person less to fear and he was the one who would have been looking for her in the first place. I had more to take care of. The new blood running in my veins was making things clearer, my brain seemed to work faster and to process all the pieces of information I had so far. However I needed more. I headed to the church, ready to face the priest and his giant bodyguard. The size of the giant had been intimidating earlier but with my new strength the idea seemed a bit ridiculous now. The blood was making me carefree. This time, I didn’t enter by the back door. I was feeling too strong and powerful to hide. I push the door and opened it widely. He was here, kneeling on the floor, praying to a god that I knew only for the fear I had learned to feel about entering a church, so long ago. I looked around quickly just to make clear for myself that there was nothing to fear about the place but only about the men. I looked at the priest again, even in the distance I could feel his aura of evil emanating from him. He turned to look at me, smiling evilly. This was his territory, vampires were more vulnerable here than anywhere else, but I had learned many time now that I was no normal vampire and that underestimating me was going to cause his lose. The giant rose slowly to place himself between us. 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Such vivid imagery! I can't wait to see what he does to the priest.

    ReplyDelete