Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, August 14, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 30

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!
Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.
“I have a lot of question about myself to which I need to find answers. You’ll be safe here. She is a very nice person and I will go very, very far away so I will be safe too. Just go now”, I said. I didn’t even need to use my persuasion to get her to go. She went. I saw her climb in the boat that was swinging slowly on the river. I saw her give the letter and being hugged by the lady before I left. Now I had just one thing left to do before leaving, I needed answers about vampires’ dreams and about my own dreams and I knew exactly where to go to find them.

I headed back to the inn. I entered by the back door and walked slowly and quietly looking for them. They were still out. I decided to wait. This time I would be the one with the advantage of the surprise effect. If I was lucky I would be able to talk to them one by one, that would make it a lot easier. The taciturn giant didn’t interest me that much, the inn owner either to tell the truth but to get to the priest knowing what to expect and why he was that frightening I need at least to question one of them. I hide in a corner, between the front door and a window and I waited. I didn’t have to wait long before I heard the so familiar voices coming closer from the street. The inn owner opened the door abruptly hiding me behind it.
“We need to find him back, I want him dead.”
What a nice thought of him, I told myself. I started to be used having more enemy than friend but making it that obvious...
“He has a secret and I want to know what it is. I don’t care what you do with him afterward but I want him alive and I want the girl too. We can’t get them dreaming about the future without her. That’s your entire fault!” the priest yelled. The giant made a move toward the inn owner and picked him up by his shirt collar, as if the raising voice of the priest was a sufficient order.
“Wait, wait! You need me to get them, I’ve always brought you good candidates, wait!” his voice broke. He seemed to be suffocating hanged by the shirt. I couldn’t see his face from where I stood but I could have guessed that at this particular instant he looked terrified. The priest put his hand on the arm of the giant who released his pray instantaneously with a growl, making him fly on a chair which broke under his weight. The inn owner didn’t dare to get up but huddled up a little on the floor massaging his back and arm slowly without taking a chance to cross the eyes of the priest. The priest turned around, for a second I thought that our eyes had met and that I had lost my effect of surprise but I was mistaken.
“You better find them quickly”, he walked out followed by the colosse who slammed the door behind them.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment