Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, August 7, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 29

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna.   The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

We ran up the stairs, I was looking around carefully and listening for any suspicious sounds.
“I need to go to my room first, I have things up there.” I said climbing the stairs to the first floor.
“We can’t, that’s too dangerous.” I didn’t listen. I walked the few stairs left up to my room dragging her behind me. Noises were coming from inside. They were arguing and sounded furious. They were inside looking for something that they couldn’t possibly find. I gestured her to hide in one of the corridor’s dark corners. We waited, when they finally decided to go out, the inn owner was still arguing with the priest. The colosse seemed to be mute, I had never heard his voice, he was following the priest like a shadow. We stayed still, holding our breath until they disappeared at the end of the corridor. As cautiously as possible, we entered the room, the drawers were upside down, the cushion and mattress had been ripped open. I moved quickly to the bed and took my stuff under the wooden floor. It then seemed to me that the easiest way to leave would be by the roof. They would probably fnd out that we escaped pretty soon, if we started going down by stairs, they would probably surprise us there. That we could be going to my room would for sure not cross their mind seeing the reaction of the girl earlier. They would try to ask about us in the streets for information about our direction. Taking the roof would give us the advantage of being invisible.
I helped her through the window and we climbed on the roof of the closet house. We were progressing slowly but the darkness of the night was covering us, our steps were as light as cats’ steps. I was making sure that the girl didn’t slip to the bottom on some wet tile. We went down few blocks later in the narrowest street I could find. She kept on looking behind her as we run. Two options were offered to me, I could have taken her with me of course but I knew that travelling with a vampire deprived of his powers and with other vampires probably looking for him was not a safe way to life for a girl her age. I decided to take her to the boat and to leave her to the lady. They both could use some company. We headed to the Danube River in silence. She was following me saying nothing. I was grateful for her silence but coming from a human that was a bit disturbing. When we arrived not too far from the boat, I torn a page of my notebook and wrote a quick note to the lady, explaining the all story as crazy as it was and that I was entrusting this friend of mine to her.
“You have to come with me! Where will you go? What will happen to us if they find me? What if they find you?” she was clinging at me as if I was her safer protector when all I had done was to run away and she was crying. Since I had cried once seeing other people crying seemed to be awaking something incomprehensible in me.
“I am a vampire” I said.
She looked at me horrified and took a step back.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment