Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, April 17, 2015

Orange (A-to-Z challenge 2015)



Hello and Welcome to a new fruity A-to-Z challenge post. Today we are talking about THE Christmas fruit. I mean, the Orange.

I'm not sure in every one consider the orange as a Christmas fruit but growing up, every time we were at my grand-mother's and someone asked what we wanted for Christmas with Santa, my grand-mother would answer that when she was a kid, she only had an orange for Christmas and how that was enough because it was rare and all that.

The thing is, when I was a kid, oranges were not rare, there were at the super market with the apples all year long and they are not even all imported as they grow some in the south of France. And then again, my grand-mother had oranges at her place we were all ate then together at Christmas Eve with my grand-father making candles out of their skin and telling stories after diner. 

I think oranges mark a contrast between generation and I'm curious to see what sort of contrasts I will have with my own grand-children (if I ever get kids) or as far as I can see talking about cassettes already work, kids this days never saw a cassette, even my boyfriend never saw one, or even floppy disks.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment