Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday cinema: What dreams may come (Special Robin Williams)


There is so much to say about this great actor and the very tragic death which came so suddenly. He was standing in front of us all and all we could see was his smile for the camera and not what lay behind. 
Today I decided to have a Thursday cinema special Robin Williams and I chose "What dreams may come". It might not be his greatest movie, but it is not either an innocent choice for me to talk about it, as it is in complete contradiction with what happened recently. 

Story: Chris Nielsen doesn't know he is dead. He wonders why nobody is talking to him until he realizes that nothing can be done and he decides to move on. In heaven, he meets his children who also died in a car crash a few years earlier. At the same time, unable to cope, his wife Annie takes her life and she is sent to Hell with amnesia. Chris goes looking for her and choose to stay with her in Hell instead of going back to Heaven. This manages to shake her and they then both ascent to Heaven.

My feelings: I think this story of love is beautiful. The fantasy world is also a wonderful creation. It's deep, poetic and beautiful. This movie really shook me. It's a call to awareness about depression and loss and suicide and the fact that we have no idea what happens to us in the end. But, it shows that no matter where you are at, there is always somewhere, someone who is going to care. There is no way, good people can go to Hell. R.I.P. Robin.

Let me finish with a quote that Zelda Williams used on instagram 

 

“You - you alone will have the stars as no one else has them... In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night... You - only you - will have stars that can laugh.”

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, le petit prince

 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment