Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 19, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 122

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him. Viorel discovered that he can change into a wolf but that's not the easiest thing to handle.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week



“We might not have any body to look at this morning”, I said.
“What do you mean?” Nicolas asked.
“I think they might be back up and running.”
This was new for me. I had read books about siring in Nicolas’ library but it had never really occurred to me that vampires might sire so far away from their land and forgot to raise their new born to their values. Could it have been an accident? I wasn’t sure. I hoped to be mistaken. Nicolas left the room and I took the newspaper. The bodies from last night attack have been discovered and I wanted to see if they had found more. I was sure that at least those weren’t going to get back up. The vampire drinking from them had not withdraw and they had emptied them from their blood properly. This was another sign going on for my theory of them being new vampire, the urge to feed and them the need to spend all the energy the feeding had given you.
The newspaper looked like an epidemic. There had been ten kills in one single night. And none of them were mine of course. New born vampire needed lots of blood, they didn’t know when to stop, if not taught properly and contained then could easily empty an entire village in one night. The thought of leaving still turned in my mind but I knew I would have to fix this first and that didn’t look pretty. I had to take care of two ancient Transylvanian vampires who were probably looking for me and seemed to be feeding daily and I needed to take care of their offsprings who were having too much fun to stop feeding. I had the feeling that I might spend more nights hunting that I had wanted to. They were my responsibility. There was one thing about my killings. I was killing lonely people. I didn’t want to make any human feel like Sorina had felt on our dreadful night. I didn’t want to see Praha become like
Sighişoara, I couldn’t bear the thought of all those humans cadaver on the ground. If I was to leave now while there were still at it, the city would turn into a blood bath. There weren’t anything humans could really do against vampires. At least if they weren’t as crazy as the priest I had met in Viena.
I really needed to talk to Nicolas about it. I entered the study without knocking at the room, somehow it had become my room as well. He was sitting at the desk with tenth of books opened in front of him. He had probably grabbed then from the shelves few minutes ago and opened them to the desired paragraph before throwing them on the desks.
Anything interesting here?” I asked. I wasn’t sure which problem he wanted to tackle first, me changing into a wolf or the new born vampires walking around in the city killing rampage without fearing of being discovered.

 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Ten killings in one night is a lot. Viorel better hurry or the city will turn into a bloodbath. As much as I want more about the wolf part of him, he needs to stop this first.

    ReplyDelete