Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, March 10, 2017

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 112


Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
“What happened to her? You are not the one she left with?” the old maid said. She had a disagreeable high pitch voice. I had the feeling that the lady was up for a lot of guilt talk once her guess were gone.
“There has been an attack, robbers I presume, her companion is dead, we left the body down the street few streets away from here”, I said. She couldn’t refrain a hiccup and covered her mouth. That’s when I noticed that her sight must have been pretty low because she hadn’t notice the blood covering the dress and boots of the lady.
“You might want to call the police and prepare a bath”, I added.
She looked at me as if I had been the one attacking her mistress, she seemed shocked.
“Yes?” I said.
I wanted her out of the room at once, I wanted to study the condition of the lady.
“Who are you?” she repeated taking few steps back.
That wasn’t good at all. She might have had a low eyesight but she seemed aware that I wasn’t human. I pushed the thoughts in her mind repeating myself slowly.
She reached for the handle and ran out of the room faster than I could have thought her capable of. I followed her with my mind and heard her fall in the stairs, few minutes later I stopped hearing her heart. I wouldn’t have to do anything about her and that was giving me time.
The lady was laying on her white bed shit, contrasting with the dark blue of the dress and the dark red of the blood of her companion. Looking at her was making me feel artistic. If I had brought my pencils with me, I might have drawn her. I tried to memorize the way her hair was laying on the pillow with her head at a strange angle to draw her later. I took her pulse, it was still racing, I wonder if she was really fainted or pretending. I started by taking away her boots, they were laced up to her knees and it took me a long time. She moaned slowly and I smiled. I knew what she wanted. She had fainted to escape the maid, it was obvious. She was going to pay her insolence tonight. 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

2 comments:

  1. This is another great excerpt! Loved the line about the maid's eyesight being low, but her knowing he isn't human. I definitely can't wait to read what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, we both have to way next Friday because I don't remember.

      Delete