Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, February 12, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 56

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape. 
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
The old woman left the room, with very slow footsteps. I was trying to fight my instinct to kill them both to regain my strength.
“You don’t understand, I’m dangerous”, I said trying to keep my nose away from him as much as I could.
He took my pulse and smiled.
“I know that but Perenelle doesn’t need to know just yet, that will be our little secret”, he said winging at me. He pulled a little bottle out of his pocket and put it under my nose. The strong smell of garlic started to stick my eyes and my vision blurred. I tried to fight but I was suddenly feeling very sleepy.
“Don’t worry, you just need to rest, everything will be fine in the morning”, I heard the voice of the old man say.
I felt asleep and I felt him carry me with strength I would have thought impossible coming from him.

I woke up the next morning in a bed, feeling more rested than ever. I was in a clean and cozy bed, I didn’t really remember how long it was since the last time I have felt so comfortable.
“So you’re finally awake, we were starting to get worried”, the old man said. He was sitting on an armchair on the opposite side of the room wearing heavy glasses and he had been reading a book which seemed so big that I didn’t know how his frail wrist had been able to open it.
“How long did I sleep?” I asked, with the ton of his voice it seemed that I had slept an eternity.
“Three days”, he said. “I took care of hiding your swords, no need to scare Perenelle about that”, he added smiling and he winged again like he had done that night. “I can’t stay here, it’s too dangerous”, I said sitting in the bed.
“And where will you go?” he asked.
“I’m looking for someone”, I said. I didn’t want to talk, being near such breakable people was making me nervous, they had been nice, I didn’t want things to turn out badly for them now. Leaving in the street of “cour des miracles” had transformed me into a beast. The refinement of the lady boat and the drawing were over, I had been drinking blood at the first occasion and blood was calling blood.
“A friend?” the old man asked.
I liked his way of talking, straight to the point without useless words.
“Not exactly”, I answered.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment