Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thursday Taster 84: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.

If he really cared, he could have called Sabine, that was a way better idea than to leave me in the hand of my mother after this.
"I'll manage," I said.
"But I can't leave you alone here," he said.
"Seriously dad, I'm fine, just go," I said.
He hesitated
"And we'll take care of her," Amy said grinning.
There was something in that grin that was kind of reassuring as if she understood that I needed my dad to go away as much as I needed my mum to. The difference was that it didn't take hours of nonsensical argument to not get across my father's head. He stood up.
"Just call me if there is any problem," he said.
"I'll do that," I answered.
He kissed me on the forehead and left, just like that.
Amy waited until he was totally out of ear reach and entered the room closing the door behind her.
"I want to know everything about your life," she said.
"Why are you guys helping me?" I asked. I was feeling so tired, like I could sleep for an eternity and the problem was that with my heart stopping like that, I was also afraid not to ever wake up again.
"Are you kidding me?" Amy said. "At first, I just wanted to see the face of the weird girl who needed both her parents to show her everything in here, but then wow, really you're something. I mean if I ever talk to my mum like that she would lock me up for the rest of eternity."
"Amy," Alex rolled his eyes at her as a sign that it wasn't really the best topic right now. "Don't listen to her, she's craze, both our parents where here too until they noticed it was embarrassing. Now that you can breath, let's go get you some fresh air."
I stood up for a second. I was sure it wasn't 6 pm yet, I fell backward on the bed. The last thing I saw was the almost empty shelf then the ceiling and the top of Alex hair.

"Alex?" I blinked three time wondering where I was.
Lieutenant Fin turned to me.
"See, this is exactly what I mean, even with her blood and inheritance, she is just a spoiled child who would rather put her incompetent friends in the spotlight than to follow the protocol and care about this ship. We can't risk more damage than we had during the solar attack," Tucker said.
I was in a large round room, standing in front of the council and Tucker was harpenting the room in front of me, his hands attached together in his back. He seemed impatient. He seemed to have a case against me and I sure knew why but I didn't see how to get rid of him. Alex, well, Lieutenant Fin which might also be call Alex in this world was on the side of the room. Making signs I didn't register.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Find us on Google+

2 comments:

  1. Love the last line you left me with...I'm wondering how this will play out. thanks for sharing.
    http://decadentkane.blogspot.com/2016/02/a-taste-of-thursday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thickening plot. I wonder when we'll see the real connection between these realities. I'm sure it's more than just her and her father.

    ReplyDelete