Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, January 8, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 51

Sorry, I totally forgot to schedule this one. Don't bite me for being super late!
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

“I’ll stay here tonight”, Viorel said with a ton that didn’t let space for any contradiction.
The voice of the master woke her from her day dream. She had eaten so little during the last few days that she had problem to concentrate on anything external to her own mind.
“I wanted to kill you, I thought that it would be a very good idea to kill Viorel on the top of your grave when he comes back, because you and his parents seem certain that he will come back for you”, he said.
Sorina didn’t answer, she really hated conversing with him, that was pointless, also after all the time she had spend with Viorel she had learn to stay quiet, talking to him mostly when he was his other self. She looked at the man on the chair near the master. He was the one she had seen the most with Viorel at the inn. He was probably his father. He seemed really tired. That was strange for a vampire. Generally they were always in the same state. She would even have said that he looked older than before but she knew that this was impossible.
“But you see”, the master continued. “Viorel’s father has a all different idea. He thinks that if we transform you into one of us, Viorel will be more eager to come back, you see he will think that he can save you instead of avenge you. And actually he convinced me.”
Sorina tried to crawl back again toward the door but the master stood in front of her the next second. He was moving fast, she blink her eyes unable to see how he had gotten there.
“I won’t change, I won’t drink”, she said feebly as he pulled her up.
“But you don’t have a choice my dear”, he said before digging his fangs in her carotid. She felt the bite as painful as the needles under her nails. She felt all the warmth of her body been drown away as she slowly lost consciousness.

I woke up with a startle holding my heart. I was having difficulty to breath, something was not normal. I had been trying to avoid thinking about what was normal and what was not but the pain in my chest, either for a human or a vampire was not normal. A voice inside my head was calling me. It was the clear and beautiful voice of a girl. She seemed afraid and I wanted to reach her to make her feel good again. That was a strange feeling for me, I never really cared for anyone, except maybe my parents that I barely knew since I left Transylvania. But this voice had something that was reaching my heart and at this particular moment had made it stop beating. I held my head with my free hand and sat up, trying to inhale some air and trying to keep the voice inside my head. I remembered the feeling when the air entered my lungs the first time, the burning and I tried to hold to it, to make it burn me again. The voice was starting to disappear. I didn’t want it to disappear. It was the best thing I had ever heard since I was in Paris, since I was running away, it was the only thing that made me felt like I knew who I was. The voice stopped suddenly and a huge amount of air entered my lungs as my heart started to race again in my chest.
“You’ll die soon”, a hollow voice near me said, taking me out of my thoughts and erasing the last impression the voice in my head had left in my memory.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment