Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday cinema: The lookalike


This one is an old movie with Melissa Gilbert who is one of my favorite actress. 

The story: Gina is grieving the death of her child in a car accident. She moved in with her parents but has problems with her possessive mother. She also has problems with her husband, they don't seem to be on the same wave length. She just started a new job in mall when she sees a little girl who looks exactly like her daughter. With the help of her boss Nikos using Greek folklore and of her psychiatrist, she tries to entangle the meaning of the repeated apparitions. 

My feelings: I watched this movie a long time ago and I didn't get the relationship with Stuart, the husband. It was a lot less scary this time around. I think Nikos is a bit crazy and I wonder if he doesn't have other motives to keep Gina vulnerable. The relationship with the mother is also terrible. I wonder how Gina managed to grew up with her all these years and never really think more about it until the car accident. It's still a really good movie and I like the 80ties feeling that it has.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment