Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thursday Taster 69: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
"Where did you get that food?"
"In the cafeteria, as usual," Klara said.
"I'll have to get the cook investigated, someone will be bringing you food from now on and"
"Captain, we'll be in jail, we'll be fine," Debby said.
"Jail, not on my watch," I said, "I want you back on those motorbikes as soon as you are ready to pilot."
"Motorbikes?" Klara asked.
"You know what I mean," I said.
"Are you... Michelle?" Klara asked again.
It was the second time that these girl were giving me a hint that they knew I wasn't really who I was supposed to be. I looked around, the place was empty.
"Can I trust you?" I whispered fearing to be eavesdropped on.
"So you are not Michelle, you are Frederic, your father said that one day would come you would appear here to us," Debby said.
"I don't understand."
"Your father, he is like you," Klara said.
They also talked with whispers, as if everything needed to be really secret.
"Like me?"
"Going to different place, in his mind," Debby said.
"Michelle can't do it, she... when he and your mother conceived you, he was in your world," Klara said. "Michelle was just created artificially like most people here so his essence went to you."
"So you know, he told you," I said that was too much information at once, I couldn't process it, I had no idea about the implication this had on my life, on Michelle's life. "It's more complicated than that," Klara said.
"We are, your father had to tell us about it because he shared a part of his genes with us," Debby said.
"What? How?"
I don't know how it works in your world but, we were born child soldiers, we are not supposed to live more than twenty years, if we don't die during combat or training, we are terminated but cyri-acetate," Klara said.
"He gave us a gene to improve our immune system and get rid of the cyri-acetate, it's not something common people have, it's part of the travel gene, it's part of something that has never been studied except by a very close friend of your father, something your father called alpha"
"Alpha"

I opened my eyes in the car. I was back before having being able to understand anything about the conversation I just had. It was a lot to take in.
"Were you in the spaceship? How are the girls?" My father asked.
"Hum, better," I said.
"What happened to them?"
"They were poisoned by cyri-acetate," I said.
My father's finger clenched on the wheel until they became white.
"Are you..."
"You couldn't black out at a better time," my father said. "Let's get to your mother now and make sure she is gone within four hours, that way she won't see you do it."
"What?"
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment: