Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thursday Taster 68: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
I opened the trunk and I saw it go put before falling head first inside of it. The last thing I saw was the book on General Relativity through the transparent pocket. I realized that my university life had just stopped before it even started.

The light was brighter than in the car's trunk. I blinked three time to make sure I knew where I was. I entered a clear and bright white room with too many bed and nothing in between them to protect the patients's privacy. I had been to many hospitals in my life but never in something like this. But except for the girls and one doctor it was empty.
"Captain!" The doctor took a report on his desk and walked toward me.
"How are they doctor," I asked.
I could still feel myself pissed in my voice, and wondered if Michelle too had something important on her mind that wasn't going her way.
"We did the blood tests you asked for and we found cyri-acetate in their body," he said.
I knew about acetate bu cyri-acetate didn't ring a bell. The doctor might have seen it on my face because he started to explain. "cyri-acetate is the drug use by the slave consortium to get rid of genetically modified being. First it make you sleep, then your organs become unusable one by one until your heart itself fails."
"Are they safe now? And you mean we have a murderer from the slave consortium on board and they tried to poison my pilots," I said more as a way to get the information in my mind than as a question.
The doctor pushed the file in my hands.
"They are safe, we cleaned to blood with an opened loop. I'm not saying that someone tried to murder them, I'm only telling you about the blood test," the doctor said "I can't speculate how the poison got into their body. But that's not all we discovered."
"There is something else?" I had trouble to see what could be more important than the fact that someone had been trying to kill my pilots, without them, we were virtually going nowhere, we had almost been swallowed by a star.
"There is an anomaly in their blood."
"You mean something created by the poison?"
"I don't know where it comes from, it's something I have never seen before, it can either be due to the poison or be what saved them from it," the doctor said. "I would like your permission to continue to investigate."
"Well, you would have to ask them for it," I said.
"But they are..."
"Yes," I said to the doctor with a smile.
"I will," he said.
I walked to the girls and he left the room.
"So did you hear the good news?"
"Captain!"
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment