Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, October 16, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 39

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German. Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

I was in tears, sitting near a wolf, a black and grey wolf which suddenly transformed into a beautiful woman with big caring blue eyes. She pulled me close to her and cuddled me.
“Don’t cry Viorel, don’t cry baby”, I raised my hand to my mouth, it wasn’t a hand at first, it was a wolf feet but then it transformed into a human hand.
“It hurts”, I said, “Why do they do that? It hurts so much.”
“I know baby”, she answered, “But human like all creatures need to eat and to protect themselves. Therefore, they need to set those traps.”
I looked at her as she started to leek my wound and stopped crying.
“You have been very brave today. Some of us would have just bitten their feet to free themselves. You stayed and born with the pain until I came to release you, I’m very proud of you.”
“Mum”, I said, “Why would someone rather lose a feet than wait?”
“Because that’s the difference between human and animal, baby. Animals find the easiest way to deal with things without thinking about the consequences. Human are more careful. That’s why I’m proud of you.”
Tears came to my eyes as the image of my mum disappeared. I had been looking for her in my memory for so long and for the first time since that night in Sighişoara I finally remembered her, this time for the first time as well I understood the meaning of my tears. But my mother wasn’t a human as I expected her to be since that night when she had been called worthless blood. She was a Lycanthrope, a werewolf. They too were originating from Transylvania. I started to understand more and more the relationship between my judge and my father. However, for the moment I decided to push those thoughts away and to take care of my horse. I felt the blood starting to leek along my fingers as the horse released the pressure of its jaws. It wasn’t the vampire they had feared in me, vampire wasn’t a predator for horses, it was the lycanthrope, the wolf. The horse started to leak my wound as my mum had done before, I could feel my heard racing hard in my chest, due to the pain. But I smiled as once again my mum would have been proud of me and started to stroke the horse neck.
I heard a voice behind me. It was the groom coming back.
“I have a horse for you”, he said.
At first, I didn’t get it. “I know”, I said as I kept on stroking my new friend.
“Follow me”, he said.
I told my horse I would be back, which made the groom laugh and followed him.
“Here you go.” He said pushing me forward to a golden brown horse that didn’t look friendly to me at all.
“Oh, no, no, I want the other one.” I moved back toward the back of the stable.
“that old thing, you can’t be serious”, he laughed again, “you can’t go anywhere with a horse like that, it will be send to death by tomorrow, it isn’t good for nothing anymore.”
He flattered the neck of the golden brown horse, “this one is good, you will love it.”
I kept on asking for the other one, the one I had befriend all alone and after having to buy it, I finally got it.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. Such a great scene! Loved the flashback to his mom. And whoa, she's Lycan! And he has Lycan in him...awesome!

    ReplyDelete