Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, October 2, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 37

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

That made her laugh more but every time she was coming to give me my food she was inquiring about my progresses and answering my questions. I was extremely careful not to show her the diaries or to ask for strange words.
However, one day, at the end of my meal as she was cleaning the table I asked her about a particular word which I encountered too often to think it was dangerous and to puzzle me. She dropped the plate on the floor before telling me that I wouldn’t need it to play outside before cleaning in a hurry and running out of the room as fast as she could. At that moment I decided to pack my stuff and to leave. I had that curious sensation again that something was going to go wrong. I went off to pay for the room, people in the lounge were already whispering, giving me extremely strange and frighten looks. I had no idea about what I asked but I knew it was time for me to leave.
Leaving Linz, my first idea was to go to Praha, as it was also known to be a center of alchemy and alchemy was what the diary seemed to be all about. But in this year 1410, the conflict between the Roman Catholic Church and the reformer didn’t really make it a safe place. Looking for knowledge in a place where books are burned seemed like a foolish idea and I didn’t know who to look for in Praha when I at least have the name of someone in Paris even though I didn’t know if he would be willing to help a vampire like me. I then headed to Paris without detour. I stopped for few days in Augsburg, mostly because I needed shoes, walking so much, my sole had started to get so thin that I was almost walking on the stones and my feet were full of blister. There the echoes from Praha were omnipresent and I had to push myself to stay focus on my first goal. Deep inside me I still felt a strong attraction for action and danger. Rested in Linz had calmed my nerves, but too many questions were turning in my head and drinking blood even if it was bringing painful nightmares seemed to be the only solutions to restore my memory and find the answers. I was really carving for blood and as I watch every human around as potential blood disposal, the idea started to repulse me. My main problem was that I was confused about what I was, who I was, when I was feeling like a human due to the lack of blood I didn’t feel like feeding from them but I knew that as soon as I was going to get blood the vampire part of me will awake removing the inhibition.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment