Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thursday Taster 67: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
"I don't want to talk about it anymore," I said. And that was true, I couldn't talk about it anymore, all my hope had just been crushed and all I wanted was to roll myself in a ball and cry, except that I had to face her once again.
"So what was the book you were looking for in my office when you made a mess," my father said.
"A book about General relativity, it's in my bag so at least you won't have to read it if you're body start being controlled by something else."
I was bitter. It was not my intention to talk like that to my dad. I didn't recognize myself lately. Escaping my mum, then knowing the truth about my father. He was just a coward, I had thought that my mum was scary and that anyone would run away for a long time but now. He had just left me to face what he didn't want to face himself. I wondered if it was the same for Michelle, if she had become the captain of the spaceship because our father had also run away on her and on his responsibilities.
"Frederique, there is something I need to tell you about your black out," my father said.
"You need to turn left," I answered seeing that he didn't put the warning sign on. Was he so caught up in the conversation that he had forgotten to care about the road.
He turned.
"I know it's hard for you right now," he started again but I interrupted him. I had always considered him like a hero, the one always texting me when I felt bad, the confident. I would have told him almost everything but now, he had betrayed my trust.
"It would have been easy in few hours if you didn't invite her," I said. "I'm in the B building. The second road on the right."
I was mad, and childish. It was self protection to run away. I wondered if I would also run away on my child or if I would be like my mother, in both case, it was frightening. I knew I couldn't expect them to be perfect, they were just flawed humans but at the same time, they were putting it on me. They wanted me to be perfect, flawless, my mother wanted to fix me by sending me to the hospital and my father wanted to ignore I had a problem so that the image of the perfect daughter would survive. He parked the car, I went out as soon as he stopped the engine refusing to let him talk to me. There was no use. I was scared of what I was going to say, fighting one parent was hard enough, fighting a second one could wait for a bit. I wondered what he was going to do with his promise once my mum would see me black out.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment: