Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Thursday Taster 61: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction.
You can find the list here.
Seriously, Frederique has some nerves. But I sure would love to ride one of those bikes. One day I'll get my motorbike license for sure!

I feel someone pulling on my arm but I pushed them away. I need to concentrate to read the next screen. I don't get it, it's talking about parameter. "Fin?" I asked.
Someone tries to get him off the bike too but he seemed to be glued to it.
"I never went through this," Fin said and I know that this time I can't rely on him, I have to rely on myself only.
I press a little blue button on the right. My chess is compressed to the bike and I can see in the corner of my eyes that Fin is flattened too. If we are in the gravitational field and I cut the motor and reverse them and reach the speed of liberation from the star we should get out. I don't remember what is the parameter for that but I know that first I need to cut the motor. I look at the strange key board in front of me. There is barely any indication. The question pop up again. Do I want to land? If I am to land, to enter the atmosphere of a planet, they would shut down to motor so Yes, I said and I fill the bike tremble under me.
"Captain!" Tucker is on my side.
"I'm busy, get everybody the hell away from here," I yelled without even looking at him.
"Captain!" He said even more loudly.
"I'll have you demoted I swear," I answer. "Get them out, now."
Tucker turned on his heal as the people behind him move away. I can't deal with that. The ship is turning around. I can see the image of the star slowly shifting to get behind me. It's not coming as fast toward us anymore. I'm feeling a bit relieved already but I know we still have a lot to do. I'm trying to figure out how to start the ship again. Lieutenant Fin look tense to the bone. If I die here, do I ever wake up in my original body? I try not to think of it, I wonder how my mother would feel about that and what she would do to my father if that happen and what other people would think about here. I found it, it's a green button. Personally, that makes sense seeing that in my world Green means start and that's it's my dad's favorite color.
Are you ready to cut the gravitational field for landing? The question pops up in front of my eyes.
Oh yes, in the ship we have a gravitational field, that's why we can walk. If the question is here, that means the ship is in the right position. No, I press the button. And then the Green button. The bike tremble under me again if it could speak, it would roar.


http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

2 comments: