Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thursday Taster 59: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
I think Jonas and Frederique somehow really needed each other. Now being a nerd isn't a bad thing at all, let's play soccer anyway. Some sport men are really good with science. 

"I think it's bad, I mean it makes my mum happy when I have 18 or 20 but then I'm too stupid to kick a ball," Jonas answered sadly.
"So that Tom is a soccer nerd then," I said to Jonas.
"You cannot be a nerve at soccer," Jonas answered.
"Of course you can, you can be a nerd at anything, being a nerd really means having some knowledge about something," I answered.
"I don't think so."
"Hey, who do you trust? Your sister or a guy who can't even do stupid things like maths and grammar?" I asked tiptoeing to reach a book.
Jonas sighed. I grabbed the book just in time to balance the book tower in front of me.
"This is about Special and General Relativity and if I don't find what I need here, we'll ask dad for better," I said. "Now, do you have a soccer ball."
"Why?"
"Because I can't train you when you are at school so we need to do it now," I said.
"Seriously," Jonas answered.
He reminded me a bit of myself at his age, somehow, discussing what some people might said, especially adults when they told me that I was just dreaming during the black out but still taking all the crap kids my age would tell me when they pretended I was sick and crazy.
"You've got better things to do? I thought you wanted to be good at soccer," I said.
"But, you're a girl," Jonas answered.
"Then let me show you what a girl can do," I said taking him to the door, but I didn't get further than that. The last thing I saw were books, closed and open, in a mix of colors falling over me.

I blinked three time, the light was really bright in front of me but it seemed that my other self was already used to it. It still shocked me a bit though, after the darkness of my father's office. There is a star in front of me it's big, it's warm, it's white and I instinctively know that it's too close. I rush out of my cabin before I even hear the alarm. I'm the captain, I have not a single clue what to do or what is going on but there is on place where I should be.
The girls are on their bike and Lieutenant Fin is here too but they are not the only one and somehow I feel the panic around. What am I so late here? What was my other self thinking.
Something is obviously wrong, the sweat fall in my eyes and if I'm not to do something really quickly, I feel like I'm going to melt.
"You," I said passing near a guy I don't even know. "Get the temperature in here to cool down."
"Captain," he looks at me with a blank face.
"And prepare to have it back to normal soon," I add with a grin, he still doesn't move. "Now, if my brain melt you'll be responsible."
He rushed out of the room and I walk in front of everyone and grab Fin by the arm.
"Come with me," I said.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

4 comments:

  1. I love the brother-sister relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are they going? I'm interested to see what happens next. Is she going to teach him how to be a good soccer player? I have to reread lines at times, because of grammatical errors. I'm sure this is just a rough draft though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an interesting read, I'm curious enough to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another interesting read. Looking forward to read more next week.

    ReplyDelete