Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thursday Taster 55: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
Frederique had just told last week that she went to have a diner with Finn, the thing is, if you remember, she never made it to the refectory. 
"What did you eat?"
"I don't know, we were interrupted in the corridor and I came back before I could taste the local cuisine," I said.
"That's too bad," Jonas answered.
"Yes, but I learned that in that world my name is Michelle," I said.
"Why do they call you that?" Jonas asked.
"Well it depends of the universe, sometimes I have the same name and sometimes a different one," I said.
"You should tell him your real name before you kiss him," Jonas answered.
"It would make things a lot more complicated," Sabine answered.
I wondered why she was so cool about it, why she wasn't bothered and calling this idiocy and why she didn't mind me telling these story to her son. It was the first time an adult other than my father or my doctor wasn't calling me a liar for making things up. Only once before a teacher had been alright with it but he had asked me if I was working on a novel.
"And the second time," Jonas asked.
"I was alone in my new bedroom which belonged to my father before," I said.
"And it was all green I supposed," Sabine said.
"How do you know that?" I was shocked, could Sabine travel as well, was she blacking out sometimes too? That was impossible, I had never met anyone who had stories to tell after fainting, most kids I had met fainted because there was something missing in their blood or sometimes they just fainted on demand when their parents refused to give them the toys they asked for.
"Because this entire house would be green if I didn't complain about it," Sabine said laughing and standing up to put her empty coffee cup in the sink.
I relaxed a bit.
"And what else?" Jonas asked looking a bit annoyed at being interrupted.
"The bed talks, and the desk talks too," I said.
"Like people?"
"Not like people, they have particular task to do and they ask me questions and I can ask the desk questions. The bed wanted to know what temperature and background noise I wanted for the night," I said.
"That's so cool, mum do you think I can get a talking bed too?" Jonas asked.
"I'm not sure," I said before Sabine could answered, "because the books I found were published in 3054."
"Wow, that's way in the future," Jonas said. "How is that possible?"
"I think you should ask your dad," Sabine answered.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

3 comments:

  1. It all seems very weird, I'm not sure I would like a talking bed lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to wonder what her father knows.

    ReplyDelete