Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Thursday Taster 48: Parallel Slip

Hello and welcome to a new Thursday Taster, the day when awesome writers all over the blogosphere come together to give you tasty bits of their last fiction. You can find the list here.
Isn't it totally weird that the calendar is totally different? Could it be that she also time travel?

I decided to leave that for later and to look at something more personal. I started with the desk drawers when I realized that there was no place where to put clothes. The cabin was becoming more and more mysterious. I took a diary but couldn't find the key. I placed it back carefully wondering if my other self would mind me reading about her life. Somehow it would feel uncomfortable for me if anyone was to read about my mother unless they were in my body and had to deal with her. And it would be uncomfortable as well if anyone was to read my black out diary, they would certainly think that I was crazy. The only reason my mother allowed me to have them was because the doctor had said that it was a really good idea. She had stopped looking at them and correcting all my spelling mistakes long time ago. The spelling mistakes were just an excuse to invade my privacy, apparently I shouldn't write anything on my own unless I was able to do it without mistakes. She thought I was going to stop the nonsense at some point but she got tired of reading before I got tired to write. More than ten years of recording of things that didn't make sense to her or anyone was a lot to read even if you had ten years to do so.
There were also devices in the drawers, very flat screens but I had no idea how to use them. They had no buttons at all. I knew about smart phones but they still had some buttons. Though were like flat pieces of glass with nothing on them, on side in color green most of the time and the other transparent. I picked one and turned it in my hand wondering what they were for. Nothing happened. I placed my hand on the screen thinking that maybe it would open something by reading my palms line and finger prints but nothing happened again. It was strange. I placed it back in the drawer a bit annoyed. I needed directions. It was easy to talk with people if they were to start the conversation but alone in this room I had no idea what to do. Without being able to read the diary or to open the small screens I didn't know what I could do. I lay down on the bed. If I was to sleep, maybe I would wake up back in my father's house, in my own universe.
"Good evening captain. May I suggest that you take off your shoes before going to bed?" A voice startled me. It was robotic but friendly.
"Who are you?"
"Captain, I am not here to discuss metaphysical question but to make sure that you have a nice rest. Please chose a temperature and a background sound."
"That's freaking weird," I said.
"What is captain?"
I sat back on the bed.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment: