Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, May 10, 2015

WeWriWar 102: Rainbow Catcher


Welcome to a new excerpt of Rainbow Catcher for the Weekend Writing Warrior and Snippet Sunday

I'm trying to get Rainbow Catcher ready and if everything goes as planed it should be published at the end of June, so exciting! 

I'm also working on the cover so you might see some changes soon.

Summary of previous episodes: Clarissa is coughing and wanted to watch Everett Cooper on TV but Jason refused.

Now let's go back to business. We start just where we left off last week.

http://www.wewriwa.com/
She looked at the green sky through the window of her hospital bedroom. The second sun was going down for the night now and it was time to rest for rainbow catchers. Jason took her hand and held it tight, as if he wanted to give her his energy and strength. 
“We will have your rainbow tomorrow, you will be alright,” he said. 
“I know we will have it, what scares me is what comes after,” Clarissa answered, staring at the television screen again to avoid looking at Jason’s worried face. 

It was always the same. Every day, Everett Cooper, the best rainbow catcher in Polysky, the best rainbow catcher of all time, was showing to the world how he found and caught the rainbow of the day. It was exciting, difficult and Everett always put himself in danger.

Answer to last week comment.

I'm glad to see you are still here even if I dropped Demon and Fairy in the middle of things. Or are you here because I dropped it? lol
I'm glad to see you like the start of this story. It was a bit hell to write and is still hell to edit but I'm seeing the end of the nightmare. I'm glad to see that some already like it better than Demon and Fairy, at least that shows I might be improving as a writer. 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

10 comments:

  1. I like this "the second sun was going down..." ... Another interesting snippet from your new story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiouser and curiouser. It seems like we have a lot to discover about this world. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curiouser and curiouser. It seems like we have a lot to discover about this world. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainbow catching can be dangerous? Ok I am intrigued to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting world you've created. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very interested in the world you're creating here. I hope things get better for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Second sons and catching rainbows - yu are definitely building an intriguing world. What kind of danger comes from catching rainbows? Definitely want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great, but I do wonder what happens afterward. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rainbow Catcher, eh? That sounds like an exciting job. I like the whole feel of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really intrigued by the concept behind this and can't wait to learn more.

    ReplyDelete