Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, April 6, 2015

Elderberry (A-to-Z challenge 2015)


Hello and welcome to a new fruity post for the A-to-Z challenge. Today is the fifth day of the challenge so we are starting with E. 

I wanted to write a post on Eggplants. Eggplants are very delicious and very interesting. First do you know that Eggplants are also called Aubergines and that most people can't be bothered to remember both names so that I usually goes:
"Can you cut the eggplants?" 
"The what?" 
"The aubergines!"
Or 
"Let's buy some aubergines." 
"Some what?"
"Eggplants!"
Duh, so frustrating! Especially that if someone remember one name and you tell them the other they are going to forget it as soon as you clarify, it drives me nuts. But anyway, Eggplants is a vegetable so it's a bit cheating to have it on the fruit list.


So today's post is about Elderberry. I have this thing with the berries. Let's start at the beginning of my relationship with English. I started to learn English when I was 12 and started reading English when I was fourteen and then I went to university and one of my teacher told me: 
"It's simple, when you know the name of all the berries without getting confused, you know enough English."
Fair enough, let's see: Strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, elderberry, cranberry, gooseberry, mulberry and black currant. I know right what the hell is the black currant doing here? 
Those are the basic one and what she said was normally enough to know English but the thing is, there is a lot more like: Loganberry, lingonberry, huckleberry, salmonberry, cloudberry, bilberry, thimbleberry, chokeberry....

Berries are so much fun!  So my question for you, how good do you know your berries?

 

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. i know them all, i adore berries. We can't get them all over here - but we eat raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries every day. Blackcurrants are seasonal, so we grow them and buy them in summer when they arrive. They are my favourite. ~Liz http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

    ReplyDelete