Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday taster 35: Parallel Slip

Hello everybody and welcome to a new Thursday Taster! 
Please don't forget to check on the other tasters, you can find the list here.
This looks like Earth, right? Centered on America?
Hello everybody! Welcome again! The story is starting to take shape isn't it and Frederique needs to learn stuff about herself without anybody around freaking out. Don't you hate it when you are telling everyone you are ok and they still fuse all over you? Maybe I should tell you about climbing Fuji-san to explain my take on it but I guess we don't have time. Though, if you really want it let me know and I'll make it a crazy Saturday post. Anyway, let's go back to our story. We might have finished a chapter last time because we are going to start on something else today.

Night is my time. The time where I can travel a bit just because I want to. Of course somehow, it makes me tired in the morning because blacking out is not resting. As I relaxed in my new bed where probably no one had ever stepped before, I wondered how my mother was. Normally, she would come to my room three or four times a night to wake me up. She had that idea that as soon as I was lying down I was sleeping and that one hour and a half later I would have finish my first sleep cycle so that she could come and wake me up to check if I was blacking out or just asleep. If I was asleep, she would wake me up and I would struggle to fall asleep again and possibly black out. If I was blacking out, she would take me to the hospital. You think it's crazy right? But I ended up waking up at the hospital more morning a week than in my bed and I couldn't lock my door so that she would let me sleep. 

My dad came to my room and told me "See you in the morning" and Jonas kissed me on the cheek and made me promise to walk him to school. I had to remind myself that this is "normal". I have been lying on my bed thinking for two hours, I traveled once, to a farm I already visited before. Not really my favorite life. My mum is there too, it's a bit like she took me in the middle of nowhere just so that she could take care of me daily. We grow our own vegetables and I can see why my other self drags me there so that she can escape. I don't know where the consciousness of my other selves go when I take possession of their body. That's why I want to study so badly. I need to figure that out. 

The phone rang somewhere, I'm not sure who can call so late but my dad is on the phone and telling that I'm asleep and that everything is fine. I guess that's my mum again. I close my eyes and try to forget about it. I don't feel too good for running away and letting her down but somehow I felt like I had to save myself, otherwise I would probably have died there, either of boredom, or because she made my life so miserable that I really wanted to get away.

"Captain!"
I blinked three times. Another thing I would love to know is if I could figure out a way to control the travel, then I would never again black out in front of my mum.
I was in the space ship again. I looked at the button in front of me trying to remember the buttons the man had used the previous time, I thought I got it, it wasn't that hard.
"Captain!" The girl said again.
She was one of the drivers on the motor bikes. I wondered how long she would stay in here driving. I mean, the entire day had passed and she didn't even looked tired.
"Yes," I answered.
"We talked about it and we won't say anything to the conceal but," she started.
"But?" I asked. What the hell was she talking about?
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

1 comment:

  1. what a place to end! What's happening? Where is the girl going? Ack!

    ReplyDelete