Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, February 24, 2014

Demon Soul in hard cover

Few days ago I finished the preparation for the hard cover edition of Demon Soul. As a NaNoWriMo winner, I was offered a free print of one book in hard cover from lulu.com.

I'm not a big fan of lulu.com, the reasons are that I find it a bit ridiculous to ask writers to finish their NaNoWriMo novel and to edit it for a print in just 2.5 months even though they prolonged it to 3 months, that's way too short to have anything of real quality. NaNoWriMo are already bad mouthed because so many new writer don't edit their work but this is just helping them to only do minor edit and polishing. The book also doesn't have time to go through beta readers in this period. So that's what I'm complaining about. But I guess as they offer editing services that's a way to get more clients.
I also find it an aberration that they call "Free Manuscript Review" a summary of a review done by a free research website while asking people to pay for the full review. 

On the other hand, their formatting channel is really easy to work with. They give a template for the cover and for the interior and copy pasting your material is enough to get through with it. The only down point is that there is no verification of problem before printing by their team like with Createspace so you can't be sure of the result before end. The good point of that is that if you are sure of yourself you don't have to wait for 24 hours to be able to order your book. 
I'm not sure I will have Demon Soul on sale on lulu.com, for the moment my only goal was to get the best free proof I could with my NaNoWriMo coupon. Depending on the quality I'll see how I'll proceed. 

Here is the new cover of Demon Soul for the dust jacket.

Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment