Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Monday, July 1, 2013

July challenges

Today is the first of July and it's then time to start another list of challenges.
But first let's have a look at what happened to the June challenges, starting with the bad news to get to the good news.

1) Out of 7 challenges is June, I failed one Read more or die. I had based my pages goal on what I read for the previous challenges but this time I intended to read novels instead of reading manga. It was a lot more difficult and changes in my life also made it that I couldn't read daily in the bus as I'm now walking. I still really enjoy reading ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖。So I'm not giving up, it's just taking me more time than expected.

2) As I announced few weeks ago, I finished the 6 Week Challenge with more hours spend on learning Japanese than expected.

3) I won JuNoWriMo few days ago.  Bringing Vampire Heart to 103360 words in total but I'm still far from having finished the story which will be continued this month during Camp NaNoWriMo July.

4) I managed to blog almost every day, missing only 3 days.

5) Mich's Summer Mystery started on time and is currently running with two posts a week. There are still no winner yet so don't forget to join and win one of the prizes.

6) 7) I finished editing and illustrating Demon and Fairy and the book has been sent to CreateSpace and 5 free copies have been order for the winners of Mich's Summer Mystery. The book might not be perfect yet so it will take some more read through before being out as a ebook.

So What's up for July? 

Compare to June's madness, not much. I really feel like taking it easy this month.

1) I'm participating to Camp NaNoWriMo July.
The contest will help me write 50000 words of Vampire Heart. I'm intending to get to a total of 240k words by the end of the summer, this is a rough estimation of how much I need to finish the story.

2) Last revisions
I want to spend the first 20 days of the month reviewing Demon Soul, Attic Mirror and Demon and Fairy one last time for typos. Anyone willing to read the novels and help with this can contact me to get a free pdf. I already have a list of typos given by some readers.

3) Editing
I will start editing Harajuku Kiss hoping to have it done by the end of the year. It is 60k long which is shorter than my usual first draft and will probably need 20k more to get to an acceptable length, I'm not completely happy with some lack of details in the story and might introduce another part from Seiji's point of view. I'm still wondering about that because a part of me wants to make him as mysterious as possible. I could also use the detective a bit more, I guess the best is to try both and see which one I prefer.

4) Planning
I have been thinking a lot about the "sequel" of Demon World and the more I think about it, the more I want to right one sequel for each open ending and one for Demon and Fairy's prologue. I'm thinking about outlining everything this month and list the scenes I already prepare to see in which novel they would fit. All in all that's a lot of Demon novels to write up in the years to come. 
I also have The Bayard's House, a story about magic with Sedana, Taika and Gideon as main characters, which needs further planning and Sun Kiss, another vampire story.

5) Preparing my trip for China
I can't wait to go to China for the conference and to meet my friends there, it will be my first time in China and it's very exciting.

6) Etsy shop.

I'm intending to add a lot more product to my etsy shop this month, I have 6 dolls which only need to be finished and plans for some more. I also want to had bracelet and my novel in pdf version to the store. So stay tune. 

7) Videos
I also want to start preparing some vlogs for September, I haven't really made up my mind yet, so we'll see how it goes.


8) Reading
And of course I'm going to read as much as possible, in Japanese and beta read for other writers. I might post a list later if I feel like it.
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment