Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pieces of my heart

I know I haven't been posting much lately, I could give reasons but the true sad fact is, I have been procrastinating on writing my daily blog post.
However I haven't been procrastinating on this other project. Normally I would give the explanation and then let you discover the video but this time I think you should enjoy it first.



This is my very first animation movie. It is called "Pieces of my heart" because I wanted to make a puzzle for someone to built up and this is the first part of it. I'm not sure about the complete story, I'm not sure how many pieces there will be, I don't know the ending. I just hope people smile when watching it.

It didn't turn out completely as expected but I'm still pretty happy with it. It took me a month from conception of the story board to final touch.

I did all the drawing on ms paint, creating the backgrounds from a picture, and the characters and putting the pieces together was done with photoshop. The video editing was done with windows movie maker.
I'm also the one playing the piano terribly during the movie.
The introduction and conclusion music is from The "Letter song" by Hatsune Miku.

Creating the characters involved a study of movement and I know I still have some work to do about it to make it more natural. I also spotted some other mistakes that I will be taking care of in the next animation more carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment