Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Polyphasic basics

En français

I'm currently trying to adapt to Ubermann schedule of sleep. That is sleep only half an hour every 4 hours. My time of sleep are therefore 2 am, 6 am, 10 am, 2pm, 6pm and 10 pm.
At the moment my sleeping looks more like the Everyman schedule as I usually have a longer core nap of several hours especially after 6 am.

There is for me some basic rules to be able to adapt to such sleeping pattern :

- No tea, or coffee (but I never drink coffee) as you have to enter the fifth phase of sleep, called REM phase and that this particular phase is disturb by caffeine.
- Always prepare some things to do, you are gonna be tired at some point and it's always difficult to find idea of what to do in this case, especially during the night time.
- Drink and eat more, as you are spending more energy because of being awake all night, you need to adapt you diet too, anyway it makes you hungry if you don't.

So far I don't see anything else particular, I feel as good as if I had a monophasic sleep, the only thing is that I can do much more thing and it's great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment