Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thursday Fiction 238: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.

Image by Stefan Keller from Pixabay
Let's start right where we left off last week.

"Yes," I said, "There is another pilot on board and I will use her in case of extreme necessity only. She has been on board as cleaning crew for months now, and there is no way to determine at this stage how the lack of practice has affected her skill. As for the young women driving at the moment, then have proven time and times again that they could handle a lot more than any of us could. They can calculate the direction of the ship with accuracy, they can balance everything between the asteroids and they have been doing all along a fantastic team work even when we are too busy sleeping. I think we should be grateful to have such pilots taking us to Antares."
There was more whispering. Tucker was smiling. I didn't like his smile. He had perfectly aligned little teeth like a shark hiding behind a prefect smile with arrogance written all over his face. He was making me nervous. He seemed so sure of his win, he seemed so sure to be right and that I was a big failure as a captain or didn't even deserve to be here as a human being I wanted to smash his face.
"Captain, you talked about sabotage, do you have proof?"
"The second engine room was cleaned up of evidences before I could have a look at it but I had a testimony which has been brought to the council and I noticed that there was no electrical hazard in the area where the damages have been the worse. As far as I can say, it's only suspicions but there is still a high probability that it was a sabotage," I said.
I don't think I was clear enough. I wanted at Tucker and yell "he did it" but that wasn't going to work. This might as well be my downfall. I just hope they wouldn't start suspecting each other.
"Captain, why is there a pilot hired as a clean member?"
I could hear them talk and agree on the question.
"Well that's a very good question indeed. Maybe Tucker should be answering that. He has hired a part of his crew to do very strange task. A few months ago, I rehabilitate part of this member to their rightful places as I thought they might be of help. However, I never had a used for his pilot."


✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment