Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, September 15, 2019

WeWriWar 296: The House at the Crossing 1


Hello everybody and welcome for a new Sunday of writing with Weekend Writing Warrior and Snippet Sunday!

I decided to change things a little bit so for the next few months, I'm going to present you my new WIP. It's called "The House at the Crossing" and it's a prequel to Demon Soul and the demon series. It's a bit of a mix of Fantasy and Science-fiction.
It follows one of the books more obscure character as she first come into the House. It's suppose to explain why there are so many people is the house and sort of where they come from and at the same time be a first time adventure for the main character as she needs to adapt to her new role and the new version of who she is. 

Since it's a WIP, and I still haven't finished the first draft, it's still really row. Hopefully, we'll see some improvement as it goes.


Let's start right at the beginning!

I have no idea why I was once again on the door step of an unfamiliar house. Of course, I had heard about this house; of course, I had come here on my own, well, almost on my own. My son was asleep in the portable crib I had with me, that and a suitcase with my clothes, his clothes, toys, and some of my books, nothing much more than that.

It had happened before, in my 20th. When I started college, I was sharing a room and my adorable roommate ended up emptying my bank account and taking off with everything I had. So I had to go back to live with my father for a while. An unfamiliar house it was, I hadn't seen him for eight years before that, since the divorce. My mother, well, she had been the one taking everything, including me. All she left him was the dog and a very bad reputation, which ended up to be all lies. 


✅ Like my facebook page for dolls for more pictures and posts and videos.
✅ My facebook author page for the story and novel stuff.
✅ My facebook blog page where all blog posts are announced.
✅ My doll youtube channel Please subscribe!
✅ My writing and vlog youtube channel Please subscribe!





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

8 comments:

  1. Good intro to backstory. I want to know more about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm always a bit worried about the amount and place for the backstory.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, how fascinating to start learning some of the backstory and what happened 'before'! Good idea for the WIP, enjoyed the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm trying to nail who she is at the very beginning because things are going to go a bit crazy about that.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, Linda. I'm glad to see you starting a new WIP. You've been on Demon soul for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the thing is. I had it reedited and I still don't have the courage to put it out. I have a lot of other novels drafts to attend to but I stay blocked on stuff.

      Delete
  4. You pulled me right on. I'm already rooting for her.

    Welcome back. I echo Ed's sentiments. Good to see you writing s new WIP. ;-)

    ReplyDelete