Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thursday Fiction 206: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.

"Hey, you're back already," she said. "Lucky you, I did all the cooking and the dishes."
"I did it on purpose," I said, "I always black out just on time to avoid doing cores, it has been working all my life and you're my new slave." I said sitting on a chair at my desk and looking for a fork.
"Right! Don't expect me to be doing all the cooking and all the cleaning though, I was just hungry," Amy said.
"That was a joke," I said. "I wish I could be doing to on purpose, just I'm not even sure of the purpose of it all anymore."
"Did you really think that fainting ever had a purpose? I mean I know you said that your brain got used to it and you don't feel too good it you don't get your dose of it but for anyone else around, it's perfectly find to be conscious most of the time."
"I know, but it has become and habit and that's not really something I have control over," I said.
"I think I'll be really annoyed if I was to miss out so much of my life, life is already so short and I have so much to do. I realize that even more now. I spend the day reading which I would have considered a waste of time before. And that was so much fun compared to whatever I'm used to," Amy said.
"You are telling me that organic chemistry is better than going out at a party with your friends or shopping for shoes?" I asked in disbelieve.
"I wouldn't go that far, maybe," Amy said slowly, "But I do realize that if I was to go to parties every day, especially one like Thursday night and if I was to get new shoes everyday, they I wouldn't even have a chance to wear them and that would be pretty lame. I mean there is more to life."





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment