Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thursday Fiction 196: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.

Let's start right where we left off last week.

"It's the chlorine in the water, it gives me some sort of rash under my swimming suit," Amy said.
"Only under the swimming suit, cause the rest of her skin is so tough," Alex said.
Amy laughed and I laughed with them but I wasn't feeling too well about Amy's relationship with her parents. It had seemed to be fine. Everything was great until she befriended me. I wondered if I had that effect on people. If my failing relationship with my mother was somehow contagious. I mean Amy and Alex's relationship with their parents wasn't perfect in the first place but they had somehow achieved some sort of ballance.
"Let's go back to our reading," Amy said.
"No thank you," Alex answered, "I'm sure you're either going to get yourselves sick or totally burned out with no chance of recovery."
"No way, organic chemistry is so much fun," Amy answered.
Alex rolled his eyes and left without saying anything else. He somehow had a point. Amy seemed so happy with her reading, she really enjoyed it and I sort of envied her for that. As we continued through our reading I was bored to death. I couldn't help but yawning and yawing again as I struggled to keep my eyes opened and drinking tea wasn't really helping much to keep me awake. I sat up and straightened myself. I hated it. And that was my own fault. Despite trying hard all through high-school and reading extra books, nothing had really prepared me for this. The book I was reading was way over my head. It was filled with unknown concept. If I had been introduce to electromagnetism more gradually that might have helped but it seemed to be a gap between my current knowledge and what I was expecting from myself. Still I knew that the only way to learn was to get through it. You can't possibly learn anything by avoiding it.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment