Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thursday Fiction 155: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventures of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes. 


Let's start right where we left off last week.


"You seemed alright," the doctor said. "You inhaled a lot of smoke so we are going to keep you for a few days to make sure that you don't have dizziness and nausea out of it. You could go into blood poisoning at worse but I think you'll be fine. How did you slit you lips?"
I lift a hand covered in black traces to my face to touch my lips. It was painful now that I was more aware of it.
"I don't remember," I said.
"She was slapped," the nurse on the left of me said. I recognized her from the fire.
"My mother," I said.
"She will be here soon," the doctor said.
"Her mother was the one slapping her."
The memory of the fire flashed back in my mind, at least the part I had been into. It was intense and terrifying. My other self was about to break down and I wasn't too far from it either. Did the black out stopped for so long because there was only this much that my mind inside of her broken self could take? I looked around for an answer. There were other people here all around me and they seemed to be part of the fire incident too. It smelled like burned flesh and burned plastic and ashes and antiseptic. I wanted to tell them that my mother had been the one slapping me but I wasn't sure of the relationship my other self had with her mother. That was a tricky one.
"I'm thirsty," I said.





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment