Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thursday Fiction 151: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.


"Well, not really because it was unfair for me to have seen it already if I took it again as if I was in the mood to check the answer after waking up at the hospital, and some parents complained that I had easier exams due to my disabilities if I ever missed them. Which shouldn't even matter as there isn't any competition where the ranking matters, they only care about the total grades on an individual level, then you can try to explain it to people and they are not going to believe you."
"Yeah, my parents wouldn't believe you we had ranking at home," Amy said.
"As if the knowledge getting in one kids head had any chance to have been stolen from another," I said.
"I totally believe Alex stole everything from me," Amy said frowning.
"While you gain the right to do the dishes," I said.
She laughed. But I knew that wasn't funny.
"He could get out of it saying he had homework to do," Amy said, "They would ask for me to do it, we were in the same class. If he had homework, I had the exact same amount of work to do."
"Then why?"
"I don't know. Because I'm a girl? Because I can be married and be an housewife? Because I didn't mind having a part time job during school year when he only had one during the holidays? I don't know, maybe all of it. Maybe because I didn't seem as serious as he was about study."
"But you still have a plan and something you really want to do," I said.
"Something I can't voice because they would ridicule me over it."
I let myself down against the pillow on my wall. There was nothing like in my family, I never had a brother except Jonas who I never met before recently. Even when I traveled to other world, there was only me as a unique child. It suddenly seemed a bit strange. There were world where my parents where still together, why did they never had another child? Why did they all have only me? I wondered if I had been wrong all along, if my black out travels weren't a construction of my subconscious to pretend I wasn't sick, just dreams and projection of my own subconscious and imagination. That was scary. If that was true, everything I knew until then was just a lie and I was just a lie too.





http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment