Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Thursday Fiction 147: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.


"Well I intend to read three at the weekend and possibly one a day after that," I said. I knew that might not be enough and that I might need to reread then by bigger chunk next weekend but I wasn't going to admit that until I had to.
"I'm taking eight too," Amy said.
I didn't want to discourage her but I was afraid she might run into a burn out. I knew I would be flirting with mine.
"Let's try it, then when we're done getting smarter, let's go to a party," I said.
"I'm not sure I want to go to a party ever again," Amy said.
"The thing is, we didn't even reach the party last night, we only reached the pre-party," I answered.
Amy smiled and picked her books. It was funny to watch because extensive reading was made so that any knowledge, therefor any books were fine but she still picked them carefully as if she needed to have the best content in each.
I wanted to check my diary so bad and I couldn't wait to get to the dorm. When was the last time I had a night free or black out followed by a full day free of black out. I needed to enter all my data in a computer so that I could find that more easily if it happened again. I needed to learn some statistic and treat my black out time and maybe how many time I spend in different universes as a mathematical quantity. I was freaking out and when I freak out I need equations and numbers to calm myself down. It was a good thing that I had decided to spend my first weekend here in electromagnetism land.
Amy followed me to my room and asked if I wanted to go cook diner together. I didn't know if that was normal or if it was a secondary effect from saving her last night but it seemed that I was her new best friend and unless she decided to sleep there was no way she was going to leave me alone. As much as I wanted to do my own thing, I was happy to finally have a friend. She knocked on Alex's door on the way and was wearing his pajama when he opened with messy sleepy hair. So far so good for his afternoon studying. Still, his bed was covered with notes.
"Do you want to have dinner?"
"What are you making?"
"You mean what are we making," Amy said with a frown saying I'm not cooking more you I'm not mum.
"Oh come on, I need to finish to prepare the homework for Tuesday, you can add a bit more of whatever and bring it here," Alex said.
"Nope, you don't come to the kitchen to help, you don't eat," Amy said walking away.
"Dragon!" Alex said before closing the door.
"You were harsh," I said.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment