Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Thursday Fiction 145: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.

"So the particles are also waves," the professor said. "And electron behave like a particle if you look at it and like a wave if you don't because as soon as you look at a system you influence it."
Did I influence the universe I went in just by traveling? If I was to go and sit there without doing anything, did I have an influence. I thought yes, obviously. What ever I was doing in this world, like for example being in this room right now had an influence on everything around me. Let's look at it closer. I'm here with Amy, she came because of me, without me she might be with Jimmy at worse or crying about last night to Alex. In which case Alex wouldn't be studying, which he is doing now, so somehow me being with Amy now and last night had an impact on all the person we met last night at the bar, it might have changed their group dynamics, it has and influence on economy as we paid for a bus we would never have taken otherwise. It has an influence in the classes Amy are going to take from next week and all the people she will met there and all the people she won't be meeting due to her change of schedule. And then there is all the thing implied by those little choses. How many universes did we create the two of us since last night just by sticking together. The thought was making me dizzy again but in a completely different way. There was no way to calculate the number of universe that were born from all those choices the best approximation was to say that there was a finite number of parallel universe. So at the moment, only this universe was behaving like a particle and the others were like waves because I couldn't look at them. When I was to take a pick in the other world they became tangible to me, like particle. But quantum mechanics only works for very small scale. The parallel between my experience during the black out and what was appearing on the black board just now had to be only a coincidence even if a striking one.
"I understood absolutely everything!"
I could tell Amy was happy.
"Quantum mechanics is so cool and so crazy," she said. "I like it, maybe I'll tag along more often."
"You could do that," I said, "We don't have classes together so that can be cool, and that's one we don't need to work for, we're doing it just for the fun of it."
"I never imagine anyone could go to classes just for fun," Amy said.
"I guess we'll see how fun it get's for you when we start dealing with actual equation."




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment