Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thursday Fiction 144: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.


I fell dizzy as pushed the door to the quantum mechanic introduction class. It was one of those huge auditorium but they weren't even enough people to fill half of it. We took a sit in the shadow near the wall somewhere in the middle.
"You don't look ok," Amy said.
"I haven't blacked out all day," I said.
"Are you about to black out?"
"I can never predict it but I sure wish," I said.
"You wish?"
Once again I had talked faster than I had thought.
"I'm not feeling very well, I think the black out help my brain function properly or something," I said.
Amy gave me a weird side look. I didn't know if she bought that explanation or not but she didn't have time to answer because the professor was already downstairs in front of the board. Now it was supposed to be fun. Sneaking into second year classes somehow made me feel so smart. I know it was silly but I still enjoyed that. My head stopped spinning after a while and I wondered if it had something to do with the black out or if I just lacked sugar or something. My mother always had me carry chocolate everywhere, to eat after the black out in case she wasn't there to take me to the hospital which mostly never happened. But as one more act of rebellion, I didn't have any chocolate on me just now. I felt a bit bad because that was what had become of me and I didn't see it happen. When I was living with her, I obeyed her rules, either I liked them or not. Now that I was on my own however, I was throwing away all the boundary. As if it wasn't enough to rebel to go to university and study what I wanted, now, I was forgetting to check I had all food group each meal. I could have yogurt at lunch and at dinner and no fruit for dessert. I didn't need to put the dishes in the dishwasher or wash them straight away, I didn't have a strict bed time, and I didn't carry chocolate around. This was bad. Those were all little rules that she enforced to make life easier and safer and I was ruining them for me. I even went out last night and drunk alcohol on a school day. If obeying her rules was as if she still had powers on me, disobeying then also felt the same. There was no winning no matter what I did, it was like everything was always related to her.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment