Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Thursday Fiction 140: Parallel Slip

Welcome back to a new part of Parallel Slip, where we follow the adventure of Frederique through her slip in different parallel universes.


Let's start right where we left off last week.


"Yes, I'm going to learn all of it upfront and then I'll just have to follow the class with one ear," I said.
"Seriously?" Amy asked.
"Impossible," Alex said. "It's the same as you taking five extra classes, what has gotten into you?"
He dipped a french fries in his ketchup on both sides before eating it. I started to thing that this was a pretty annoying way to eat but I caught myself thinking that the reason why I thought it was annoying was because I didn't like Alex all that much. Every time I looked at him I saw lieutenant Fin with a terrible personality. And the difference was due to the fact that lieutenant Fin didn't have a twin sister around. What annoyed me was not the way he dipped his fries in the ketchup, what annoyed me what the way he talked to Amy. Have you ever noticed that when you start not liking someone, every little thing they do which could even have been adorable a couple of day prior, every little habit they had were also getting on your nerves? Well that was it and there wasn't much I could do about it. I really needed a black out to take my mind on something else.
"My future," Amy answered.
"Your future," Alex said.
"Yeah, like what do I want to do with my life? What kind of people I want to be? And who I want to be that person for?"
"So you met a guy last night taking the new classes you're going to register for?" Alex asked mater of factly.
"Why do guys always have to believe that everything a girl does has to do with one of them?" I said.
"You ask him," Amy said, "I'm not a guy, I wouldn't know."
"So you are telling me that you want to take more classes as in a search for knowledge to build yourself a better future," Alex said.
"Exactly," Amy answered.
Alex laughed. I knew he didn't believe it and that annoyed me. It was a bit like being in front of my mother the first time I had told her that I wanted to be a physicist. She had laughed first then in front of my face she had asked what a physicist did, then she had asked what I needed to do to become a physicist and then told me to stop the nonsense. That's how she had come up with the perfect plan of me working at her company. A safe plan, a forever job, security, not something I needed to study or work for, the easy way out. Alex was trying to push Amy toward the easy way out.
"You won't even last one semester and you know it," he said.
Amy looked down at her half eaten ham-cheese croissant and cut a tiny piece very slowly.
"What is it for you? What does if do to you if she try? What will be the result on your life if she fails or succeed?" I said.
He was unnerving.




http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment