Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Artist's Way (Day 23) Chapter 4 part 2: Reading Deprivation: No Freaking Way!

I had to cut the chapter 4 video in half because it was way too long. This part is on the particular exercise this week: Reading Deprivation. 
The fact is, I was almost reading free for 10 days when I was in Hawaii and I had no problem finding things to do as you saw on my blog. I can also go for a day without reading here and there every time there is a doll event. 
If you are going to use reading deprivation as a way to cut other people's opinion fro your life like it's sort of the point in the book, I would suggest you spent a week away from every one, that would be a lot more efficient. 
I don't really get the point of cutting a good habit like reading. If it's so that you can save time for other things, well I would say cut TV and start reading books instead because the amount of people not reading enough is way too high to tell anyone to stop reading. I seriously mean it. 
It is true that depriving yourself from something is going to take you closer to your own consciousness, so you might want to cut of something from time to time. In most main religion, they have fasting periods to help with that, be it, Lent, Ramadan or Yom Kippur. 
Cutting yourself from society can be good for you to be able to form your own opinion if you are that fragile that you take what everyone else's say to heart but if you have any form of self-esteem and know a little bit about yourself and your own thought process, I find reading deprivation to be pretty useless.






http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment