Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, November 25, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 97

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets. On the other side of Europe, Sorina awakes and Viorel's past in haunting him.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week
 
After months Perenelle finally managed to get us out for dinner. She had been the only one going out and she had made friends, for them I was Nicolas’ little brother. I thought it was a foolish idea, we looked nothing alike. His hair was as gold as mine was black. He had blue eyes which had lose their deepness with the rejuvenation and mine were getting darker from lack of blood. I had been hiding my thirst in months to prevent people from making rapprochement with the events in Paris. And my skin seemed as tanned by the sun as his was as pale as death from lack of sleep. But apparently I was the only one caring about that. Nicolas had prepared his little story and everybody was happy enough to believe it.
As we were sitting at the table waiting for the meat to come, the boy of the house decided to light a fire in the chimney. As the warmth of the flames reached me I started to tremble trying to resit looking at the fire. Nicolas looked at me a bit worried, his method didn’t work and soon I looked at the fire and changed to this lethargic state. All I could hear was the cracking sound of the burning wood. Everything I saw was orange and red, images of the most fateful day of my life flowed in my mind as willing to be erase.
I woke up in my bed. I didn’t know what happened and I didn’t want to know. Nicolas’ face was above me, he pulled up his sleeve showing me his wrist.
I hoped to figure out something else but unfortunately, you need to drink”, he said calmly.
I couldn’t believe that he wanted me to drink his blood. I sat up confused my head spinning a bit.
I can’t do that”, I said.
If it’s mine, we will be safe and nobody needs to know”, he said.
I got up to the window as he cut his wrist knowing that the smell of the blood would awake my deeper thirst.
I won’t leave traces”, I said leaving. I knew he tried to keep me in but I was already too far away and too thirsty to listen to his arguments.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment