Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, May 13, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 69

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape.
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

“What makes you think that I am not going to take it and sell it for money?” I said very seriously.
“Open it”, he repeated as if he could care less about me taking that so precious thing away. Of course I wasn’t going to, I had something more precious to get from him but I really wondered how he could trust me like that. I had killed three people already this night and I was sure that if I had been in his shoes I would have been scared about being the fourth victim. Something in this old man was really particular, as if he had lost hope in the men but was still able to trust them.
I took a deep breath looking at him that was a strange habit I had recently taken. Breathing deeply was helping me to relax and to gather my thoughts before they had time to disperse too much. Then I opened the box. I was expecting to find something shiny and reflecting gold shade. What I found was really different. It was a little white stone, not bigger than a child fist. I wasn’t really impressed.
“You can take it out”, Nicolas said.
I sighted again, this time because I was getting bored. This thing was nothing really. I couldn’t see what people wanted from it. I couldn’t see how a miniscule thing like was could have any of the power they were claiming it to have. It was surrealistic. If that was the case, Nicolas and Perenelle wouldn’t be looking that old anymore. I took it in my hand and at the same instant I understand my mistake. It was very light, as if I had been carrying nothing at all but warmth was escaping from it. I felt like an electric shock. I was in the dream again. I felt my heart stop beating but this time I didn’t need to try to breathe. I felt something in my mouth pushing on my teeth. My eyes sight became clearer than ever even with all the blood I had drunk tonight. I was in the dream and she was near me, the girl who had been crying in the prison of the vampire castle in Transilvania and a boy too, Dylan. He gave me the bracelet, telling me that it was coming from his brother who had left a look time ago. He had been willing to find him again and that was the only thing that he had from him but it didn’t matter anymore because he had me for a brother. This brother had abandoned him and I promised I would never betray him as he passed the bracelet around my wrist. He said that way I would be safe through the village when the vampires from his clan were out and that he would protect Sorina while waiting for me. She was playing in the grass and laughing insouciantly. I couldn’t stop looking at her knowing that I would never see her again. I clench my fist against the stone and felt the hand of Nicolas trying to open it. I don’t know how he took the stone away from me. When I opened my eyes Perenelle was pressing a wet clothes on my forehead. Burning tears were rolling on my cheeks.
“That enough for today. It need to be use sparsely”, Nicolas said.
And I could understand why but I needed to know, I needed to know where Sorina was.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment