Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, April 22, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 66

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape. 
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger who turned out to be Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist he was looking for. Nicolas does some strange experiment without Viorel's agreement. Some people are looking for Nicolas's secrets.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week

I left him on the floor and took the blade away from his companion’s shaking hand.
“Good job”, I said before passing behind him.
I cut his neck near the carotid and he felt on his knees. I started to drink his blood while the other was yelling for help. He knew his turn was to come and so it did. Blood was calling blood and I had earn that one.
I went back leaving the two men’s body lying on the wet floor. Perenelle and Nicolas were sitting at the table drinking hot chocolate. Once again I found the smell of human food highly repulsive. My clothes were full of blood but I didn’t care anymore to hide something for Perenelle. It was her night of awaking any way.
“They came for me, I’ll pack tonight and I’ll leave in the morning”, I said walking though the room to the stairs.
“Sit down”, Nicolas said.
I knew he didn’t have any persuasion power but I couldn’t help feeling like the men had probably felt. I looked at him and shook my head, I was sorry but me gone was better for all of us. Who knew who these guys had been working for? Being a vampire I had already the priest friends probably hiding somewhere in every big city after me for some vision of the future, without talking about the vampires who would probably soon arrive from Transylvania and who knows who else.
“They were not here for you, they were here for the stone, now sit down we need to talk”, Nicolas said in a ton of voice which this time wouldn’t accept any refusal.

I sat at the table not really impress. I had this vampire feeling that I was indestructible anyway. Feeling the power running inside your veins is something difficult to resist and that night I was highly powerful, but I knew I had to listen.
“All my life I had been working on one thing”, Nicolas started.
Taking into account the numerous books about so many diversified topics, that was really hard to believe, but I decided to stay quiet waiting for the rest. Talking was not my strong point anyway and Nicolas generally knew what to talk about and how to talk about it. However I knew that he was going for a complete story and I was already starting to feel bored. I looked at him fixedly at least if my thoughts were going away from listening he wouldn’t notice. 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment