Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, February 26, 2016

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 58

Welcome to a new part of Vampire Heart unedited. Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advises of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German.
Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert. Then he comes into an altercation with couple of people, he wants some fear in his blood. The girl Viorel has found seemed to enjoy the game. Viorel prepares for the nightmares that come with a feast of blood, in a rush to leave, he cross the dukedom of Lorrain.
We introduced Sorina, three weeks after the beginning of Viorel's escape. 
Viorel dreamed of Sorina and woke up not really remembering anything. Traveling to Paris, he arrives at "La cour des miracles". He is rescued by a stranger.
Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.
They looked at me in silence for a moment. I could see the question in their eyes. What would he have a bracelet with someone else name? The obvious answer was that I had stolen it but apparently these people weren’t going for obvious answers.
“Of course it’s Viorel, with that accent of yours, it can’t really be otherwise”, Nicolas said.
I breathe a bit more easily and started to eat again. Food in my stomach felt good. I had the feeling that blood hadn’t been enough after all and that was possibly the reason why I had been feeling so absent minded just after drinking. My brain wasn’t alimented correctly. I needed to make note of that in my note book, when leaving only on blood my study had been disturbed as well.
“So who are you looking for?” Perenelle asked curiously. I had the feeling that she didn’t want me to find him and that she just wanted me to stay here and eat her warm food. I swallowed and clean my mouth to speak distinctly.
“Nicolas Flamel”, I said.
They looked at each other, I knew they were communicating in some way but I didn’t understand what it was all about.
“And why are you looking for him?” Nicolas said interested. I had the feeling that he knew the man. Something in his attitude maybe, or in the way he was looking at me, so intensely.
“Something happened to me and I think he could help me get some answers”, I answered.
Perenelle looked at Nicolas again.
“Maybe he is the one who has been asking”, she said softly, as wondering if I should hear it or not. Nicolas started to laugh.
“Finish your meal and dress up, I’ll show you something”, he said plunging back in his book.
I didn’t really know what to say. I decided that I could just do as he asked. The food was good anyway. Perenelle walked out of the room smiling and came back with a huge piece of homemade apple pie.
“This apple pie is the best in all Paris”, the old man said.
“I know you just said that to flatter me to get some, I know I’m not as good a cook as I used to be”, she answered giving me the plate.
It was delicious and it was the first time I ever had apple pie so I was sure that it was the best in all Paris and I said so too making her laugh. She had a very young laugh for her age.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment