Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Friday, October 23, 2015

Vampire Friday: Vampire Heart 40

Have you been bitten yet?
Sign up to be part of our awesome Vampire Friday blog hop team! You know you want to!

Summary of the previous episodes: Viorel has been tortured by his supposed family who wanted to have him burn in the sun. Strangely enough the sun didn't burn him as expected but Viorel has no memory of who he is. Following the advices of his supposed father, he left Sighișoara and is now traveling to the West. After some skirmish in a previous city, he found refuge on a boat. Viorel is now in Vienna. The little problem is that the guy at the inn was a bit of an asshole and helped capture Viorel thinking he was a vampire, which he is but nobody needs to know. Now there is a huge man (which I call the colossi) taking care of Viorel and a priest. They brought a girl. Torture my holy water... Fail. Viorel managed to confuse everyone, now he would like to get out of here. But the girl seems pretty useless. They still managed to escape and he left the girl to the care of the boat lady before going back to have two words with his captors but his power of persuasion were failing him. The priest wanted to crack a deal but Viorel is not really up to help his enemies. He finally got some blood but he can't risk to stay in Vienna. He travel to Linz were he stays a bit to learn German. Viorel wanted to go to Praha but redirect himself toward Augsburg instead where he wants to get a horse, except that the horses are a bit scared of his vampirism and maybe something else. Viorel is really not a horse expert.

Now, let's continue with Vampire Heart, right where we left of last week.

Now I was the proud owner of a great horse and I could go anywhere. At least that’s what I thought until I started riding it. After few seconds I fell making the groom laugh more. I climbed back on the horse and started to go away as slowly as I could. Being so high above the ground was a little bit scary, I didn’t know what to do with my hands. Either I was giving the horse too much freedom so that I couldn’t control where it was going, or I wasn’t giving enough and it was checking his head violently. My feet kept on sliding in the stirrup. It kept on coming around my ankle on one leg or the other as soon as I was taking it out from the other. 
After few kilometers of trying to press hard on the tip of my feet, trying to have them long or short even really short, changing the length while riding was an adventure itself but I knew that if I was getting down now I was never going to get back up, I finally figured out that I needed to lower my heel. That was pretty uncomfortable and hard for my legs but that way I could stand up on the stirrup when the road was strait for reliving my bottom. I kept on jumping on the horse back. I crossed people who were just sitting comfortably on their horses. Mine seemed to want to make me go up and down with each step. Despite that I had never progress that much on my journey than that day. Horses were really fast and I wondered why I didn’t try to ride one earlier. I stopped in an inn for the night, letting them take care of my horse. I wanted to start back my travel as soon as possible in the morning. When they knew I was coming from Augsburg they didn’t believe that I had made it that far with this horse. I knew it was a good horse, for them it was only old but it also needed new shoes. Curiously I had never thought that horses were wearing shoes as well. Despite my tiredness I decided to stay to learn a bit more about my horse before going to sleep. I was hoping that it was going to help me ride more comfortably the next day. Horses needed a lot of things. You had to take their clothes of and brush them after riding and before ride so that nothing would stay on their skin to hurt them while riding with all the rubbing. You had to clean their feet and sometimes they didn’t want to put their feet up. Mine didn’t want to because horses feet grow all the time so they need to have them cut a bit and to be given new shoes to fit. Mine needed new shoes but I had to wait the next morning for that. I didn’t know how to put shoes on a horse or where the horse shoes shop was and that made the groom laugh a lot. A man was supposed to come to do it for me. I didn’t know why groom were laughing so much at me for not knowing things. It’s not like everyone was supposed to know everything about horses. Everybody needed to learn at some point but that was making me uncomfortable, not that I really wanted to fit with the human, even if I knew I needed to for survival but more because I had the feeling that I never would. No matter where I was going and how careful I was, there would always be something I wouldn’t know. My lack of knowledge was hard on me and I tried my best staying around with my horse to get some until I was too tired to even thing about eating before going to bed.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment