Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday Cinema: Catching Fire


Catching Fire is the second movie in the Hunger Game series and since I have now read all the book, I could continue with watching the movies.

The storie: President Snow is not convinced that Katniss really loves Peeta. He frightens her into showing that she is not rebelling against the Capitol during the victor's tour in the disctrict. It turns out that the disctrict are not convinced by cards reading Katniss and continue to raise against the Capitol. Snow they has and idea, for the 75th Hunger Game, called a Quarter Quell, the tributes are going to be taken in the poll of victors. Katniss and Peeta are back in the game.

My feelings: I think the movie was really well done, taking key elements from the book even if simplifying the relationship between Katniss and Plutarch. I liked the ending more in the movie than when I read the book. I thought that in the book there was a lot about the beginning and less about the Hunger Game itself. I mean the hunger game only start at chapter 19 while before that it's only preparation and anxiety building up in Katniss. I also think that the victor die a little bit too quickly, they are supposed to know the game and be the best of them all as they already won but we don't see them die, we don't know how most of them died and soon there is only 8 of them left. Then they are all fighting with the gamemaster more than with each other. I think that if they really wanted to team up, it would have been a lot easier to keep the feeling they had when they were all holding hands and grow from there, all against the game.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment