Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday Cinema: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter


I wanted to watch this movie so much and that's never a good idea.

The story: Young Abraham Lincoln sees his mother being murdered by a vampire without realising what the vampire really is. After the death of his father he goes after his mother murderer to get his revenge. Instead, he is trained by a vampire hunter to kill vampires. He decides however to get into politics and stop slavery instead of going after the vampires, at least for a while.

My feelings: I find this movie very disappointing. I was hoping for something a little bit closer to reality with at twist of fantasy but instead Abraham Lincoln is depicted as a character with super human strength. I think the movie would have been so much powerful if the super strength was left to the vampires and Abraham had a team to go after the vampire. I think the worse part was the pursuit on the horses. It was totally unrealistic and out of place. I was also hoping for something more about slavery and the politics around it, maybe in the style of "Amazing Grace" instead it's just Abraham becoming president and going on with the war. It was also disappointing to see the vampire walking out in day light and be killed by silver (I thought that was the description of werewolves). That's why I say it's never a good idea for me to really want to see a movie because I always have my hopes too high up.
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment