Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Raspberry (A-to-Z challenge 2015)


Hello and welcome to a new fruity post for the A-to-Z April challenge! Today we will meet another berry. 

I particularly like the raspberry for two reasons.

 





The first is that as a kid there were tons of wild blackberries around but only one place to go get the raspberries, my grand-mother's garden and they were smaller and sweeter and they had a sort of softer skin. We would check out the raspberries and they would always be the last berries to be ready. As the raspberries grow, They start like strongly fitted on their core green berries, then evolve into something yellow before turning reddish pink. The reddish pink is the one you want and you normally just have the nudge it to make it fall in your hand. If it stay on the core, it's normally not totally ready.

The second is because I liked to eat them bits by bit, which annoyed the hell out of everybody. But I couldn't so that with the blackberry because their skin was not strong enough and they would explode in my fingers if I tried. It only worked with the raspberry. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever counted the little bits on the raspberry. I never even finished eating one this way before getting scold either.

I always thought, personally that raspberry was always in the shadow of the strawberry. I mean it's not as depressing a story as poor quince who almost nobody ever heard of. But it seems to me that most people only go for the raspberry when they can't have strawberry. Like how strawberry jam is so much more popular than raspberry jam, for example.
 
http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

2 comments:

  1. I love all kinds of berries. I do remember being able to pick a lot of blackberries when I was little. I don't eat much raspberries, though, because I have nowhere to pick them and they can be pricey.

    -Chrys Fey
    Tremp’s Troops - A to Z Co-co-host
    Write with Fey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rapsberries. We make our own raspberry sorbert.

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    R is for Reincarnation

    ReplyDelete