Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Lemon (A-to-Z challenge 2015)


Hello and welcome to a new fruity post for the A-to-Z challenge. 

Today's fruit is another member of the citrus family, our friend the lemon.








              Picture by Martin Pfrommer



In my mind lemon ranks second next to Apple as a mythical fruit. Lemons have been represented widely in painting and I even visited an exposition of huge lemon sculpture in Schloss Charlottenburg in Berlin when I was working there as an Au-pair back in 2002. I can understand to popularity of Apple as it has an origin in the bible where is often represent the forbidden fruit of knowledge in the Eden Garden. However I still have to attribute that lemon is cool because lemon is just so cool by itself.


Then lemon is also widely used in culinary practice, from drop of lemon on the top of your salmon to the slice of lemon in your tea. Lemon is filled with vitamins, especially vitamin C and generally help me with honey and ginger to fight against cold and sore throat in winter. 

And we also say that if life gives you lemon you should make lemonade.

Lemon is so bad ass, it's tree even made it in a song.

http://www.wattpad.com/user/Crazypuce

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Find us on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment